How to Avoid Money Problems in a Marriage?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

How to Avoid Money Problems in a Marriage?

How can you ensure that money issues don't end up destroying your marriage?

2. Becky Katz profile image82
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

By keeping God and your marriage first, money problems are relegated to a secondary status. Work together on fixing the money problems and do not let them come between you. I have been married for 26 years and most of that my husband could not work. He also was fighting to get disability. My income supported us and we never had enough but we put our marriage first. Talk about the problems, do not yell and do not blame. If you give God the money problems, he always makes sure that there is sufficient. Not plenty sometimes, but sufficient.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

The best way is by making sure both people agree on a financial strategy for the marriage and it's future. The goal is to always live below your means!

Some people are better savers when it comes to having a goal or purpose for saving ( a tropical vacation, a car, down payment on a new home...etc) For them the thought of saving just to be saving does not excite them. Now if you say the goal is to save $100k  in 5 years, just having a (set amount) to shoot for may inspire some folks.

It rarely works out when a "saver" marries a "spender". Under those circumstances your best chance is to sign up for a 401k or IRA account that will automatically pull money from paychecks. Another option is to meet with a good financial planner to divise ways of setting aside money (automatically).

working