jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think women don't get about men?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

What do you think women don't get about men?

2. NightFlower profile image60
    NightFlowerposted 6 years ago

Most women? Nothing-smile...I'm serious. Most of the women I talk to, because most of my friends have come to me for advice for the husbands or boyfriends, understand nothing and then wonder why they can'tir have a relationship that works.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Women don't get that the male brain is generally speaking not the same. I say generally because some do understand and are pretty smart about it. The brain can be said to be serving two functions. What are those functions? That is a wonderful hub idea.

The second part is that the those two halves communicate with each other. The female gender does this more easily than the male. That is a given, supported scientifically, proved over and over. Or, the female gender can 'switch' between those two different functions of brain 'responsibilities' much, much faster than a male, since they have the biological advantage of those two communicating pretty darn quickly.

When you toss in there are actually three different brains handling different functions, the 'lower' two common to both genders. Yet, the higher having that difference of a communication advantage biologically between functions women generally don't understand overall they are 'smarter', not necessarily more intelligent, which is a different story all together.   

Then you toss in the influence of socialization and how genders are 'trained' so to speak and well, that is another hub idea. Or, if women generally speaking raise men in the beginning stages of socialization then what is it they seek to create through that process. More than likely the 'men' are socialized into what that they are and deal with the forces or power of brain functions.

Geesh, I wandered about again. I don't know if 'women' (generally speaking) know men walk away mumbling when they are told they 'don't get it' or understand them or did something wrong a simple thing - "you raised me," in the 3rd person plural. Now we have the Oedipus complex coming into play according to some.

Another great question algarveview

4. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

I think that women don't understand that many men are willing to listen. It's that stomping, huffing, puffing and sighing that they're not so clear on and get frustrated with (can we really blame them?)...and when asked, 'what's wrong?'; we say, 'nothing' and then wonder why we are not getting anymore attention. I think that men appreciate black and white rather than this painting everything grey like many of us women do---although they don't like to be 'nagged'...But can we blame them for that either?! 

So yeah, I think that men prefer having things made clear; they don't like unnecessary brain clutter like we do.

I sound pro-male here :-O !

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't think they understand that men aren't interested in the same things as they are. i've seen women get really pissed off because her guy doesn't care about some reality show or the latest pop star. men and women are different and i'm glad.