jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do single people meet others when they movie to a new location?

1. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

How do single people meet others when they movie to a new location?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I have no idea but this is what I told one of the postdocs when I was in college, I told him to go to Saturday evening mass. The people in my town spent Saturday evenings socializing with each other with their families in church after mass on Saturdays. He had a laugh.

I suppose you can meet them any where. I had students tell me of their experiences going to bars...

If I were searching, I would go to fund drives, art museums, concerts and plays. At least we would have something in common to talk about.

3. NightFlower profile image61
    NightFlowerposted 5 years ago

It's not hard...when you are at your new job find out from people that you feel you could have something in common with and ask about the hot jazz spots around that people like to go to.  Have dinner at a nice restaurant by yourself. Frequent the libary or the bookstore, places where you might find people with a little sense lol.

4. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

Go to church and join a small activity group.  Participation by a newcomer is always impressive and the members will make the effort to become friends.