Why there are single people.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (39 posts)
  1. omenwind profile image54
    omenwindposted 13 years ago

you'd be surprised men at how women really think about you.
    you might want to check out my hub. <snipped link - do not promote your hubs in the forums>

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why there are single people? Too many reasons and the one that stands out the most is by choice. wink

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Of Course there's a Vast Difference between Water and Air signs.. so you may well find that your omen is off the mark completely! Have you considered that point? hmm

For those of us that actually do communicate well with real (non-cyber) women.. There are no surprises to be found in a hub on the subject... You appear to be completely ignoring the fact that many men and women, actually prefer by choice to be single.

I have just noticed that you are promoting your hub in an open forum - Instead the Extreme MakeOver forum.. which is generally the forum that you use when you want other writers to peruse your work. I guess that you didn't want your hub critiqued objectively... so sorri if my post offends you hmm

1. cashmere profile image77
      cashmereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this person new to hubpages???

3. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I totally disagree with this hub. Oh good grief!!!!!!!
    Totally off the mark.
    Most women have sex before they marry these days.
    They don't stay virgins to trap a guy into marriage.
    They find sex a chore????????
    Oh god no!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pink Umbrella have you read this nonsense???
    Gosh us single ladies either choose to be single,have been left that way or we just have not met the right guy yet. Simple but true.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/wonder_lick/Animated%20pics/wonder_lick_LOLShark.gif

1. the pink umbrella profile image73
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haha, i just came on to see where everyone was.... hubpages seems to me to be a ghost town today! So, im going to save omenwind from my comment, and not visit her hub on this one, lol. How can you not have sex before marriage anyway....what if you and your fiance are totally sexually incompatable. And tricking men into marriage by wotholding sex?, is that what she says??? that sounds very old school to me. hmm  Sorry omenwind...nice name, but i think your off the mark by about 70 years or so....lol

Someone start a new post tonight, something fun!!! Blondepoet, any thoughts on a new post topic?? <3 smile

omenwindposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, the hub says that 'if' she does demand marriage before sex, it's just because she's like a lot of women who don't feel up to having sex regardless of the male's needs. And in the event she DID give in, before marriage or after, and learns that sex is actually pleasurable, she'll feel doubly obligated to the male now that he knows she enjoys it, obligation being something she is trying to avoid. And for this reason women shut down after bouts of sex or turn it into a type of reward. So before or after a woman's initial sex experience, she has an attitude about it either way. And this is why males leave at the first sign of this nonsense, even if they remain neglected virgins their entire life, because they 'detect' that something is wrong. I just was able to ascertain and break it down into details.

ummmmmmm...... I have never in my life experienced the withold of sex as a reward. I have also never felt obligated to anyone when it comes to the giving of my own body. But, there were times in my last relatioship (currently on hold) that i did not feel up to having sex, and guess what, my boyfriend (on hold) never once tried to pressure me for sex, and never felt the need to argue about it, either. Sex is only great when both parties are totally up for it. I think most men know that. And really, how long do these women shut down for? i think th elongest i ever went without wanting sex was a little over a month, and it was because of certain problems within the relationship at the time. But, it didnt make my partner run away. I just dont know where your getting your information, i mean , unless you have first hand experience.

1. blondepoet profile image68
              blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Yes Omen I am very interested what you base your findings on.

Im just not sure i know alot of women who clam up like that.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What 3rd world cell block are you living in mate? hmm
            Why are you expecting us to agree with this sort of content? hmm
            You demonstrate that not only do you have a limited knowledge of the opposite sex in such matters... but also that with writing like this; your pen seems to be badly affected by your overly vigorous hand movements! yikes

3. Teresa McGurk profile image59
            Teresa McGurkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WTF????>??>?

No, really--sex is pleasurable?

Why didn't anyone tell me?

Oh this is outrageous Teresa no-one told me either.
              Oh I will just have to go try out this new found theory.

1. profile image60
                logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know just the volunteer to help you verify this theory! smile

2. blondepoet profile image68

Mmmmmm I am thinking hard. I can feel my brain tensing considerably. Agreed we need fun Pink, we need it fast.

3. Elpaso profile image61
          Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on!!!
          U 2 just dont know anything about women!
          Stay around and learn something about the female animal.

Who us.
            So you have read his hub and agree with it not what he is saying here.
            I base my comments on his hub.

1. Elpaso profile image61

What do you mean He?

No Way!

Is Owen a woman.

1. Elpaso profile image61

I dont know, now that you mention it.  What would a man know about how a woman thinks and feels?

Exactly!!!!
                    Terrific point.

2. blondepoet profile image68

LMAO thanks for coming Pink Umbrella. Wow that was super fast.
        Oh this person basically says that women trick guys into marriage by saying they will have sex with them when we don't give two hoots about his needs and it is a chore and it goes on and on and on.......................................
        WTF!!!!!!!!
        Just had to drop in here and state my opinion as I am an advocate for women............
        Gosh wonder what the second hub will be about?
        Gee you and me Pink Umbrella must not be real women, because we actually enjoy making love...........
        OH BOY OH BOY OMENWIND YOU NEED TO GET WITH THE TIMES.
        However I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

haha , well, opinions are fine just as long as your not putting words in the mouths of all womenkind! Yea, maybe were not real women, but sophisticates sex robots sent back in time...lol  My god, making love is a chore,,,whooo i needed a good laugh tonight. I guess she didnt read my previous post!!!

Many women in their marriages feel like sex is a chore. Even virgins outside marriage. All you have to do is look it up or look around, and I think even you yourself know this.

yea, but then their partner is to blame for not careing if they want to have sex or not, , or they need to find someone that has the same drive as they do. You cant just marry someone who wants it every night if you are a once a week kinda gal, it just wont work out. The problem in that is not sex, its communication.

are we sure there's not two classes of women; the natural one who doesn't feel like having sex and the one who was initiated by her husband/bf then found a way to repeat the pleasure on her terms and timetables (seduction, etc), to avoid an image of responding to a male?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
                  Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazing roll

Blissful Ignorance sad

Can't see the girls for the burkas roll

It's ignorance that study after study concludes women do not really desire sex? We're not talking about the ones who were worked into it by their boyfriend and seek to repeat its pleasure on her terms and timetables to avoid an image of submission.

If guys knew the truth about women it would devastate.

4. Elpaso profile image61
    Elpasoposted 13 years ago

Looks like you ladies got the comedy corner after all.

See Ya!

5. blondepoet profile image68

Oooo good on you Pink you read it, so now you fully know how bizarre it is.
    Heck as a woman I would never claim to speak on behalf of the male population as Owen has done for the women.

My goodness if having sex for someone unmarried is a chore imagine what it would be like after. Aghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Owen honestly you need to let your hair down and relax a bit.

seriously, im wondering if this is a joke, because if its not, someone seriously messed with this person's mind.

i kinda wish i didnt read it...how can anyone speak of women so generally?

2. the pink umbrella profile image73

seriously, im wondering if this is a joke, because if its not, someone seriously messed with this person's mind.

i kinda wish i didnt read it...how can anyone speak of women so generally?

6. blondepoet profile image68

Great point Pink I know I won't be losing sleep over it. There is only one thing that I lose sleep over and it is not what Owen recommends.

lmao. those women who are in relationships and dont wanna have sex cant be too atracted to their man, thats all i have to say lol.

7. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

1. Choice

2. Money - because gals marry with money/resume these days.Nothing wrong with their concern about money but if you don't earn enough to keep a family -you remain single anyway.

3. Looks- men think about this area more than women i guess or Maybe it's just my opinion.

4. Sex

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)