Are men bigger whiners than women?

1. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

Are men bigger whiners than women?

Have men become spoiled and want things to go their way, more so than women and do they whine more about it?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I don't think so, I think both genders have their fair share of whining going on.  I think the political scene these days make it look like more males than females whining wink, but in general I would say no.  Social skills are kind of on the decline across the board and I feel people are not really taught the value of "emotional intelligence" or learning to compromise and value the needs of others as much.  I hope we start to come around and focus on "the whole" more than the "what's in it for me?" mentality that is so pervasive these days.

3. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed the explanation given by ChristinS because it gave me a different take on an opinion I had already formed. As a product of the Baby Boomer generation, I grew up with a father who I guess was so happy he wasn't in combat (veteran of both WW II & Korea)  that I never once remember him whining about anything. However, now it seems as though men of the 21st century pout, fold their arms and isolate in protest over a host of things and generally behave in a way that is somewhat foreign to someone in my age group. I do agree with the previous responder that social skills are on the decline and that there is much more compromise needed between the sexes.

working