Have you ever been guilty of judging others?

1. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

Have you ever been guilty of judging others?

And when you find out you were wrong, how did you feel?

2. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! I would not believe anyone who claims to have never judged anyone! We all do.
    I think it is important to distinguish being judging and discerning. I think it gets mixed up a lot today. To discern is to "judge" if someone's actions are wise or not so wise. Are his actions morally OK or not so OK? If I decide to drink a lot and drive snot faced drunk then my friend might discern that my decision is unwise and morally wrong. I might crash my car and hurt someone or myself, I might  get a DUI, I might damage someone's property... yep!
    Judging someone in a bad way is to condemn someone for their actions. That is not my job. I happen to believe that is God's job.
    I have rightly discerned some behavior as being wise or unwise and have engaged in both! sad
    I have also wrongly condemned others for their actions. I ought not to do that but I have done it. I was wrong and I have said I am sorry a number of times. I hope I condemn less and less and less. It makes me feel sad when I catch myself engaging in  critical, judgment behavior. Shame on me!

3. AnnaCia profile image82
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

I have been and are guilty.  Like Mary Start says, and I quote; "Absolutely! I would not believe anyone who claims to have never judged anyone! We all do).  The feeling of knowing I have wrongly judged others, is too much and embarrassing.  Due to those feeling I have been good on working my way out as much as possible not to make the same mistakes.  By judging less my heart feels free and clean...and I prefer this feeling.

working