Husband replaced with live in grand daughter?

1. strkngfang profile image79
    strkngfangposted 5 years ago

Husband replaced with live in grand daughter?

My stepdaughter who recently had a baby girl, who is now 16 months has become the center of my wifes life now, and I'm hung out to dry.  Her daughter (my stepdaughter) who lives with us, is 22 yrs old and only works part time in the evenings and weekends and my wife volunteers all of "our" free time away to babysit and is fine about doing it.  Our communication and time together is minimal and its caused our marriage distress. But I seem to be the only one affected??  Anyone else have this happen or similar??

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Have you talked to her about this? While it isn't an excuse, many women are sad when they know they are done raising babies. When given the chance to commit so much of her time to another baby she may be feeling important again. Your best bet on this one is to talk to her. Let her know that while you understand that her time with the grandbaby is important, you miss her. Any normal woman is going to love hearing that. Tell her you would love to get to have some alone time with her again. After this part goes over well, (if I were you) I'd ask what the plan is to help your stepdaughter get out and on her feet, signed up for assistance if needed, including daycare assistance if she can not afford daycare. By 22 any adult should be lead to supporting themselves no matter the situation. Just talk in a nice way with your wife. If she is a good woman she will understand and appreciate the communication.