jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you handle issues with other people? Are you upfront or passive aggressiv

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

How do you handle issues with other people? Are you upfront or passive aggressive?

2. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 5 years ago

Definitely up front.  I find that if you confront the person that is making you uncomfortable in a reasonable fashion its settled and you can move on.

3. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

I'm a peacemaker and no peacekeeper. I must address the situation and try to get to resolution. I have no problem apologizing or explaining why I feel different about the way a thing was handled. But I've had to learn to do this; it's no easy thing. I used to say nothing and chafe and become bitter. I forced myself to mature and grow out of that. Just knowing when to act and how to do so is the key.

4. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

I used to be passive agressive and it did not work well.  Now I'm more straightforward but not tactless.

5. Etherealenigma profile image82
    Etherealenigmaposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on the personality you are dealing with. I prefer to be up front, but there are some people that you have to walk on eggshells around, because they can't handle one bit of personal truth about themselves.

Also, sometimes when you are a strong personality, and you are dealing with an equally strong personality or aggressive type person, you want to express your viewpoint without it turning into an explosive argument.

Then again, some people are simply bullies, and no matter how nicely you attempt to broach the subject, they just insist on having their way.

Thus, it really depends on which type I'm dealing with. I am usually very easy to get along with, so that would be the passive side of me, but at the same time, if you've ever read what I write, you would see that I am also very direct, and if necessary, I can be very aggressive. I have learned over time to change the aggression into assertion, so I'd have to say that I'm direct, and sometimes passive/assertive.

6. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I consider myself "upfront agressive."   If I only had a nickel for every time I said:  "You wanna step outside and talk about this?" I would be a very well-to-do man. 

Thank goodness, I've had good health/medical insurance all this time.... because I am a TERRIBLE pugilist, and often times end up eating my words......