What are some great dates for under $10?

1. Robert Erich profile image89
    Robert Erichposted 6 years ago

What are some great dates for under $10?

Money is tight for a lot of people right now. What are some fun and memory making dates that you can go on or do with your significant other while not breaking the bank?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

I am waiting to see what answers you get. I have been married almost 33 years so I have not dated in 34 years (Married 1 year and 12 days after first date) A movie is a small investment. Eating out at a fast food restaurant will cost you $10. Your best bet, depending on location, are walks along the lake, stream or rivers, second run movies, bowling--depending date's personality and plays and recitals at universities, junior colleges and even some high schools.

Good luck. I hope you get some good suggestions.

3. B. Leekley profile image92
    B. Leekleyposted 5 years ago

In years past I've been on these cheap dates:

* A ride together on a scenic bicycle path, perhaps with a picnic snack;

* Went to the Chicago Blues Festival at a time my date and I were in Chicago anyway, but instead of going to the Festival itself (the crowd was packed blocks from the gate), we stayed at the edges of the crowd and enjoyed listening to street musicians;

* Often in cities certain art and cultural museums on certain days are free;

* When my wife and I lived in Santa Fe, we'd sometimes go out on the date of visiting art galleries downtown or on Canyon Road;

* See my hub about about wine and chocolate poetry parties -- the cost for a guest and date can be as low as a couple of chocolate candy bars;

* Watch a parade together on one of the holidays on which towns have parades;

* If you are lucky enough to live in a university town, watch community bulletin boards for free recitals and free lectures;

* Many towns have free entertainment, especially in the summer -- like Moscow, Idaho has free live music at its Saturday mornings farmers market;

* Go for a stroll together;

* Browse a book store together -- go back together to buy when more flush;

* Google on cheap date ideas.

working