jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How much should engagement ring costs?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

How much should engagement ring costs?

Most of people that I know spend a fortune in buying an engagement ring for their fiancee, but how much is a reasonable cost for it?

2. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

I grew up hearing people say that you should spend a month or two worth of wages on engagement rings. Many rings I've found are about $1,000-1,500, but of course, you could go up to tens of thousands worth of dollars on an engagement ring.

Personally, I think you should consider what would be right for your situation. The couple should discuss whether marriage is their best bet or their alternatives. What about a simple commitment ceremony? Find your own way to be together. No one is forcing you to follow tradition, let alone buy a diamond.

Try a different gem! Find a ring that matches the couple.

There are many independent sellers on Etsy who create beautiful, unique and often very reasonably priced engagement rings for a few hundred dollars.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

The old saw is that it's re-sell value should equate to one months pay to get you by in hard times.

4. profile image47
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

Contact the Quantum International Diamonds for knowing the cost of engagement rings.