jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What month did you choose for your wedding day? Please tell us why you chose th

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

What month did you choose for your wedding day?  Please tell us why you chose this month.

June is the most popular month for weddings, followed by August and September.  Not for me though.  I am an incurable romantic, I got married on Valentine's Day... February.  What about you?

2. gclitty profile image90
    gclittyposted 5 years ago

Wow.  Valentines Day?  That's just fantastic.  My Mom was born on Valentines Day..random fact.  Anyways, my friend was married last saturday.  That would make it an April wedding.  I like April, too, because that is my birthday month, and whenever I see the word "April" I get this tingling sensation in my stomach like someone just complimented me.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my answer is going to be the best to your question because I feel lucky today, and you look really happy in your profile picture, and I'm getting out of school in 27 days, and I am graduating at the end of those 27 days, and I got a scholarship to go to college at the end of the beginning of fall, and I am just in a good mood. 

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

August was the month we chose. Generally speaking the weather is nice everywhere that month of the year. Most people ideally want to get married on a sunny day and they also want beautiful weather for their Honeymoon as well.

4. mommytalks profile image61
    mommytalksposted 5 years ago

July - its the warmest month on Mackinaw Island (Northern Michigan) and it was still barely 60* - LOL

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We got married in November.  We had a wedding date set for January 1971 but there was starting to be tension between the families and we were starting to get tense with the hassle of it all.  One Friday night we just made up our minds to elope.  We had $11 between us so we didn't do it that night.  The following Monday we got our blood tests and Tuesday, my aunt and uncle drove us to the judge's office and we got married and it took! Almost 42 years.

The month and day wasn't important, I just had to be with him and would have married him on any day in any month if given the chance.

6. Hayley Richardson profile image81
    Hayley Richardsonposted 5 years ago

We originally chose April as it would be warm but not crazy hot but we ended up eloping because orgainsing a wedding is so crazy stressful, and got married in October in Vegas five years ago.

7. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

I'm now divorced, but we booked the wedding reception and everything in December for May. May in South Africa is the last month of autumn, and the weather is usually fine. May is also the same month as my birthday month, and my father's birthday month (and he helped pay for the wedding.) Just as well we didn't book everything for any later than May, as my 2 and a half months preggie tum may have been showing more a month later!

8. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 5 years ago

I always wanted to get married on the 1st of January, and my brother actually managed to pull that off--got married on a boat w/just about 6 people at sundown. My 1st was July because that was the first 2-week vacation for which the bridegroom was eligible. When I married the 2d time, we had more fun because he had been married 3x already; added to my one and some lousy months of the year, we didn't want to use any of those months, so he agreed to January, but I didn't get the 1st! We were married on the 2oth because his birthday was the 21st and he jokingly wanted me that extra day (plus 2 yrs) older! He was so much fun and so good for me I didn't care!

9. Patriette profile image77
    Patrietteposted 5 years ago

Valentine's Day. I'm in Southern, CA where winters are rarely an issue. It was a lovely day. :-)

10. hair bender profile image67
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

We chose May because my  now husband's divorce from his former wife was then!  The divorce came through on a Monday but we didn't get the news until Tuesday and we married on that Thursday!  We were planning on a justice of the peace wedding and when we showed up with the divorce papers she asked us when we wanted to get married.  My then  fiance asked her what time she came back from lunch-she said 1:30 so I had a whole 2 hours to pull it off!  But we did!   We will have been married for 9 years this May and couldn't be any happier!