jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to encourage your partner to have a more relaxed attitude?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

How to encourage your partner to have a more relaxed attitude?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5855711_f260.jpg

2. mackyi profile image67
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

If your partner is someone who is opened to communication, you both can sit down and talk about this. Just make sure you choose the right time and right words to get your point across. You can tell her about the positive health benefits of relaxation, so do a little research on the benefit of relaxation before you do decide to talk to her.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

By creating a relaxed environment. I know what you mean. My significant other always throws things, kicks objects and all this causes is shattered pieces and broken toes. So I found out his favorite colors that soothe him. I pained the living room his favorite mint green, bought bright blue paddings for the wooden chairs, found green colored kitchen utensils, hung some pictures of trees and frisbee golfers, went to Walmart and bought a tiedye shower curtain, blue matching towels, and we grill at least once a week all to calm him down. Now we only have a broken toe or shattered pieces twice a year instead of twice a month.

4. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 5 years ago

I rarely argue for trying to fix your partner. This sounds a little like one of those. You have to accept your patner as is or get a new one. Or, if he or she is willing, get counseling. But a relaxed attitude....? I'd guess it's, "Get a grip, Jack; life's in the living."

working