jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How to control anger?

1. Sanjida Alam profile image75
    Sanjida Alamposted 5 years ago

How to control anger?

Recently I have been suffering so much due to this. I have always been a little moody but never this short tempered! I feel like I am repulsing everyone close to me with my behaviour. Please help! :-(

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6576699_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Learn ways to remain calm. Counting to ten, breathing exercises, how to get further in touch with your emotions, distractions, what makes you happy, the little things will change your anger in the long run.

1. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It works for me, but everyone is different. Try to find the method that works for you.

3. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Sanjida,

Join your local martial arts club and train 5-7 times a week, buy a book from Paul McKenna and realise that if you (or anyone in your situation) hurts other people with this kind of behaviour you will end up being very alone. In my hubs I talk a lot about finding the source of your negative emotions. You might like to try self-hypnosis to target your issues.

Your ''Team Leader'

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's been said, "Anger is the mask that (hurt) wears".
    Apparently you must feel others are taking advantage of you, not respecting your wishes, needs, or wants. It's important to realize no one can read your mind therefore every "perceived slight" is not intentional. If indeed you do feel like you are spending time with people who are "toxic" or don't want you to be happy then you always have the option to not be around them!

Anger and fighting is usually about feeling the need to set boundaries or trying to (force) someone to behave the way you want them to. The healthy thing to do is (think) before you blurt out any words. Ask yourself if this person's goal was to piss you off? Next think about the outcome YOU want. Do you want to fight? or Do you want to get cooperation? When you start yelling they stop listening!

working