jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which is more important, commitment to one's spouse or commitment to one's job?

1. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 6 years ago

Which is more important, commitment to one's spouse or commitment to one's job? Why?

If you had to choose between your job and spouse if it meant being separated from your spouse for a long period of time, which would you choose and why?

2. moiponetsoka profile image71
    moiponetsokaposted 6 years ago

wow i would say spouse because the job wont keep you warm at night and it wont comfort you in your wife but then again you need the job to keep a roof over you head.my answer its a difficult question.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would hope that every person would say their spouse. to make your job more important then family is rediculous.

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Spouse. Your job is a means to live, it should never be a way of life. Your spouse should be your partner in every facet of life, and should be valued at least as much as you wish to be valued by them. You can always find or create another job, and any job that would ask you to do something that could destroy your family is not a job worth having. I have often told my husband that I'd rather live in a cardboard box with him than in a mansion with a well-to-do workaholic, and that pretty well sums up my view of it. We have had financial difficulties, we're far from anyone's definition of financial wealth, and there are times that I've made career decisions that were bad for finances but necessary for my family. We're a happy, tight-knit family and my husband and I truly are best friends, so it's certainly been worth it.

5. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 5 years ago

Commitment to one's self is first. When it is truly there, it will shed light on the other two. A person of character exercises the same discipline and excellence at work which he/she displays at home, and is generally attracted to and supported by a good spouse. No hard and fast rule, obviously, but a lot of the time when we get it right inside, the outside follows.

working