Do you get between a man and woman

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image0
    bmcoll3278posted 11 years ago

Do you get between a man and woman

You are in public with friends or family when  you see a man getting to physical (hitting) a woman. Or just being very loud and verbally abusive.
    Do you interfere?  And if so ,how do you stop it but still stay within the law?

2. MsLofton profile image59
    MsLoftonposted 11 years ago

As a domestic violence advocate and survivor, I would say yes you intervene. I would say approach the situation in a way where you acknowledge was going on and probably say that you will or have caused the authorities(even if you haven't). I think directing most of your conversation to the woman is important(since she has to make the choice to want to be away from the situation). I think most times bystanders just look past situations such as these and in the end it hurts. I think for someone to see a bystander come to see about them would give them hope and to know that someone cares.

1. profile image0
      bmcoll3278posted 11 years agoin reply to this

great answer

3. Levertis Steele profile image75
    Levertis Steeleposted 11 years ago

The first and last time I got between a man and woman, the woman (a relative) turned on me. If I see a man and woman in a heated altercation that seems to be climbing toward danger, I would call the aauthorities.

4. jhendor profile image69
    jhendorposted 11 years ago

All you have to do is go to the man involved, pull him away and tell him a story of how you used to do this before. Let him know the future consequences of being physical with her.

5. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

It depends on situation. If an argument between 2 persons where one person is armed then it will be advisable to contact the police to handle such incident.

If there is no arms or weapons between the people who are quarreling, then it will depend on what the argument is about. It is lead to hostility then we can help to breakup the situation. It is best to ask other bystanders to help so that in case you need to overcome that person, you will have enough help.

6. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

if hitting a woman is involved, i'm in immediately. if it is verbal abuse, i would watch to make sure it doesn't turn physical but other then that i wouldn't get involved unless it got to the point where it was desturbing me and the people i'm with.

7. Healthy Pursuits profile image81
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

I did this one time in the 70's when I was in college. A man was screaming into the face of a woman, who was standing there very pale. I totally ignored the man and walked up to the side of the woman. I touched her arm. When she turned her head, I asked her in a normal voice if she needed help. She shook her head yes. So I linked my arm in hers and told her to start walking. We walked away together. The man was screaming at her the whole time, and then walked beside us, screaming in my ear. When I still acted as if he didn't exist, he stopped walking with us, and stood in place screaming at her and me. I told her to keep walking. I don't know how he would have reacted today. I'm a woman, so I also don't know how a man would react to another man doing this. Probably not well.

I liked the guy in the subway who just stepped between two screaming people as if neither of them existed and was eating potato chips. It's a great video!

8. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 11 years ago

Here in Florida, we have a great way to handle such a matter.  You take out your handgun and plug the guy, and ... when the police arrive... you tell them that you were in fear for your life, and so you "stood your ground" and offed the fool....

Works every time... AND (the best part) no jail time, whatsoever!!!!

1. profile image0
      bmcoll3278posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like that way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)