jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you get between a man and woman

  1. bmcoll3278 profile image76
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

    Do you get between a man and woman

    You are in public with friends or family when  you see a man getting to physical (hitting) a woman. Or just being very loud and verbally abusive.
    Do you interfere?  And if so ,how do you stop it but still stay within the law?

  2. MsLofton profile image71
    MsLoftonposted 5 years ago

    As a domestic violence advocate and survivor, I would say yes you intervene. I would say approach the situation in a way where you acknowledge was going on and probably say that you will or have caused the authorities(even if you haven't). I think directing most of your conversation to the woman is important(since she has to make the choice to want to be away from the situation). I think most times bystanders just look past situations such as these and in the end it hurts. I think for someone to see a bystander come to see about them would give them hope and to know that someone cares.

    1. bmcoll3278 profile image76
      bmcoll3278posted 5 years agoin reply to this

      great answer

  3. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 5 years ago

    The first and last time I got between a man and woman, the woman (a relative) turned on me. If I see a man and woman in a heated altercation that seems to be climbing toward danger, I would call the aauthorities.

  4. jhendor profile image80
    jhendorposted 5 years ago

    All you have to do is go to the man involved, pull him away and tell him a story of how you used to do this before. Let him know the future consequences of being physical with her.

  5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

    It depends on situation. If an argument between 2 persons where one person is armed then it will be advisable to contact the police to handle such incident.

    If there is no arms or weapons between the people who are quarreling, then it will depend on what the argument is about. It is lead to hostility then we can help to breakup the situation. It is best to ask other bystanders to help so that in case you need to overcome that person, you will have enough help.

  6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

    if hitting a woman is involved, i'm in immediately. if it is verbal abuse, i would watch to make sure it doesn't turn physical but other then that i wouldn't get involved unless it got to the point where it was desturbing me and the people i'm with.

  7. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

    I did this one time in the 70's when I was in college. A man was screaming into the face of a woman, who was standing there very pale. I totally ignored the man and walked up to the side of the woman. I touched her arm. When she turned her head, I asked her in a normal voice if she needed help. She shook her head yes. So I linked my arm in hers and told her to start walking. We walked away together. The man was screaming at her the whole time, and then walked beside us, screaming in my ear. When I still acted as if he didn't exist, he stopped walking with us, and stood in place screaming at her and me. I told her to keep walking. I don't know how he would have reacted today. I'm a woman, so I also don't know how a man would react to another man doing this. Probably not well.

    I liked the guy in the subway who just stepped between two screaming people as if neither of them existed and was eating potato chips. It's a great video!

  8. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

    Here in Florida, we have a great way to handle such a matter.  You take out your handgun and plug the guy, and ... when the police arrive... you tell them that you were in fear for your life, and so you "stood your ground" and offed the fool....

    Works every time... AND (the best part) no jail time, whatsoever!!!!

    1. bmcoll3278 profile image76
      bmcoll3278posted 5 years agoin reply to this

      I like that way.