jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is being in love and love the same thing? If not what is the difference?

1. michememe profile image77
    michememeposted 5 years ago

Is being in love and love the same thing? If not what is the difference?

I was once told being in love and loving someone is different. Being in love carries a deeper depth.

2. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

When people are speaking of the person that they are closer to than anyone, its hard for them to make the differentiation. I believe that when you love someone for life that sometimes its a choice to stay in love, with the good times and bad. Saying you love a person is different, it might mean you love the way they look or how they treat you. Being in love is a lifetime commitment.

michememeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Diane. Thank you for answering my question. After I posed the question; I researched it. The answer was much like your answer.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

When you are "in love" with someone it means you feel like spending the rest of your life with them. When you (love) someone it means you care a lot about them BUT they are NOT "the one"

Love that answer!  I was trying to wrap my head around the two.

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Love, on it's own, is a wide reaching word and can apply to many things. You love your mom, your pets, your friends, your car, your computer. Things you cherish, care about, and protect.

Being in love, on the other hand, goes deeper and usually only applies to one specific person as an exclusive title that only they get.

It becomes more emotional, something you can feel, instead of just being something you know.

Nochance, I was told in love belongs to one person. Which made me smile. I often compared in love and love as the same emotion. I now know, I was all wrong. Thanks for helping to enlighten me with this.

working