jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What is your thoughts on the cartoon below?

1. cruelkindness profile image73
    cruelkindnessposted 5 years ago

What is your thoughts on the cartoon below?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6679076_f260.jpg

2. Ladykel profile image61
    Ladykelposted 5 years ago

I'm not usually one for political humor but this one was really funny!

3. katyzzz profile image60
    katyzzzposted 5 years ago

Whatever is required to attract votes, funny how things change.

4. kwade tweeling profile image88
    kwade tweelingposted 5 years ago

I laughed. A nice clear statement on how flip flopping politicians change their ideas to get elected. It's sad to me how many people are falling for it so deeply too.

5. ComfortB profile image88
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

It's what politicians do, whether republicans or democrats, it's the game of politics. Some will keep quite about the issues that matter, it's called 'sitting on the fence' so they are not held accountable.

It all boils down to getting the votes.

6. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

As always, the crooked politicians will say what they want us to hear to get elected. It doesn't matter how they truly feel, and will never truly stand for anything. Adams, Washington, and Jefferson are turning over in their graves.

7. Frank Atanacio profile image81
    Frank Atanacioposted 5 years ago

Oh the songs of evolution..  you got to be in the right place at the right time..  it's good to be good  but better to be lucky..  right?  LOL

8. LanaLu profile image61
    LanaLuposted 5 years ago

This is such a true and clear statement... I actually laughed but lets face it politic will continue to want vote and will make any statement that will win an election... Just a thought smile

9. ibbarkingmad profile image84
    ibbarkingmadposted 5 years ago

It is the same song I have seen sung by different players for a long time now. I'm just barely over a quarter of a century old and this flip flopping of politicians has jaded me. Demicans, Republicrats. They are almost all the same. Those rare politicians who are in it to serve the people like Ron Paul and his son Rand Paul are mocked for being consistent. It's frustrating to say the least.

10. stclairjack profile image82
    stclairjackposted 5 years ago

while most will laugh and enjoy the poke at the "flip-flop" refference,... there will be some who will point at the suposed racial overtones of the piece,... the monkey refference,... i personaly think its just a funny little jab at a funny little man,.. and the cartoonist will skewer the next political hack that comes along regardless of party,... its life in politics,... might as well laugh about it.

11. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 5 years ago

This waffling back and forth is in no way exclusive to Barack Hussein Obama. It's typical of all politicians.

12. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Nasty and slanted as this cartoon is, it points out that many people just don't know how they feel about gay relationships, and this includes Obama plus  many other politicians.

13. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

This is a very clever and amusing political cartoon; however, it does not capture what I consider to be "the truth."

In my opinion, Obama's view of same-sex marriage did not "evolve" at all. He has been in favor of that "institution" from the "get go."

14. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

Same thing has happened in  the medical field...vitamins, immunizations, vaccines...education ..food/nutrition...etc
    anything pertaining to anything and everything,,one minute it's good then bad ..this has gone for years..bottom line has always been about $$, and one hand washing the other...
    Personally I love the cartoon subject thought process..sounds like something from my head...thanks for asking..you do have a knack !

working