jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do opposites attract?

1. Cristale profile image85
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Why do opposites attract?

This is true with science and in people, but why?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I think it's human nature to be more curious about the unknown or unexplored. When we meet someone who is the opposite of us and seems happy we want to learn more about them, what makes them tick and so forth.
    However in the end "birds of a feather flock together". Most people would rather be with like-minded individuals in the long run. It's easier to get along with someone who wants the same things as you. Opposites usually equates to disagreements, arguments, and fights after the newness wears off.  At some point people start trying to get each other to see things from (their) point of view or they want them to "change".
    There is no amount of "communication" or "work" that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.

3. Bredavies profile image77
    Bredaviesposted 5 years ago

I beileve that they attract because they become a part of you that you don't have. Like ying and yang the opposite reflects all your traits. It is actually very interesting and nice to be with someone who is nothing like you.

4. newcalendar profile image67
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

I tend to be attracted people who have the qualities that I lack, however once I take on those qualities myself the link to them can fade. I do believe we pull in those we need to help up develop at the time.

working