jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's your opinion of online dating?

1. wiserworld profile image93
    wiserworldposted 5 years ago

What's your opinion of online dating?

2. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

It can be dangerous, because you really don't know who your talking too. My advice it to be safe, watch what you do and say with that other person. There are alot of weridos out there.

3. afriqnet profile image52
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

Personally I have not tried online dating but I would advise you to be cautious and do a wide research on a dating site whether its legit or scam before you join the site. There are genuine people out there who are seeking friendship, dating and marriage partner but the world of online dating is an abyss full of equally harmful characters.

4. sradie profile image75
    sradieposted 5 years ago

I'm hardly the guy to ask but you did so here goes. I have been happily married for 37 years so take that into account.
    If I were single and dating, I think I would find the idea on online dating appealing at least initially. Ultimately, for depth to develop in a relationship, personal contact is needed. By that, I mean the in-person connection. Online dating lacks at least one important quality that God embedded in the human spirit. The need for physical contact. It is inescapable. Being a Christian, of course I uphold the Biblical principal that physical sexual contact is intended for after marriage. However, without the sense of touch, our physical needs in a very important area of human spirituality are left unanswered. We are spiritual beings with physical needs just as God designed us. His intention is for us to have complete relationship. This we cannot achieve across the internet. Obviously, the dangers involved in online dating should be quite clear to all but the foolish and ignorant.

5. bernard.sinai profile image81
    bernard.sinaiposted 5 years ago

I think it’s dangerous because the person on the other end might not be who they claim to be. The anonymity of the web creates this cyber-shield that anyone can abuse.

You also need that human connection when dating which you don’t get online.