jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Has someone ever stalked you? What would you do?

1. YogaKat profile image86
    YogaKatposted 5 years ago

Has someone ever stalked you? What would you do?

My second ex husband keeps showing up . . . Costco  . . . Safeway . . . the resort where I work . . . a couple of times each place . . . scary.

2. profile image51
    Giddy Geezerposted 5 years ago

Yes, you could be in danger. You know him and how he thinks and it sounds like you are scared. Have you confronted him about this odd behavior? Does he use drugs or alcohol that might impair his judgement? Does he have a history of emotional problems or instability? These things are all important clues to his mental state. I don't want to frighten you but a man from my hometown took his three children who were with him for weekend visitation, drove to the McDonalds where his ex wife was working, waited for her in the parking lot and killed her with a shotgun right in front of them! You may need to get a restraining order. I know that is not foolproof but the police take it seriously . If he is seen stalking your workplace he will be arrested and put in jail. Please be careful!

1. YogaKat profile image86
      YogaKatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My ex was never a violent man, but he does have emotional issues.  The horror story you tell makes me glad my kids are grown up and on their own.  Giddy Geezer, thanks for your advice and concern . . . I plan to follow it.

3. Alaina Smith Cain profile image60
    Alaina Smith Cainposted 5 years ago

I have been stalked before and it really is a seriously scary ordeal. What I did was go to the prosecutor's office to put a restraining order on him and all they sent him was a stupid letter. (But that was years ago when stalking wasn't taken that seriously.) If you have a lawyer get him or her to send a letter ordering him to stay away from you. Get a man whom you can trust to protect you to be your bodyguard and I strongly suggest praying to the Lord for your and your loved ones protection. I'll be praying for you too!

working