jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Qualities Make A Good Husband?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Qualities Make A Good Husband?

What Qualities Make A Good Husband? How should a man be a good husband to a wife?

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image82
    PurvisBobbi44posted 5 years ago

A good husband is one who is completely trust-worthy, fair, honorable, kind, loveable, and considerate. He is proud of the responsibility of taking good care of his family. He is respectful in thought, word and deed.

A good provider who works smart for the financial security of his family and takes it a step beyond to make sure they are in a Christian environment.

He is the core of the stability of the family circle and shares all with his wife and children. He is not miserly with his money or his affection.
    Bobbi Purvis

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

This varies dependig on the woman you ask. For me I simply needed a loving man who was comfortable communicating with me. Also he needed to have traditional values when it came to a home life. Outside of that communication can fix any other problems that arise.

4. Hilarity profile image61
    Hilarityposted 5 years ago

hello PhoenixV...I believe these following qualities make a good husband;
    Follows God
    Loyalty
    Good Listener
    Protector
    Provider
    Humor
    Sensiitive to the wifes' feelings and above all be HONEST as best as one human can be. We understand situations come up and some things we don't really need to know, just handle it but lying to  protect yourself is a big NO NO. Good question

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

My wife says that to me once a while. I do believe understanding and caring will be the factor of being a good husband.

There will always be ups and downs but be there for her is most important.

6. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

For me, I'd say a good husband is one that is ambitious, monogamous, well-educated, athletic, and has a sense of humor. Ambition is something that will propel him forward even through tough times, monogamy shows he can be trusted.

Well-educated people are likely to live longer and healthier lives because they understand how to take care of themselves and can tell the difference between fact and fiction in the realm of health. Not to mention that a well-educated person is better able to command a higher salary.

Athletic/active hubbies are much more likely to be around when you get older and they are more likely to be healthy, longer. A sense of humor is important for hubby and wife alike.

7. Billie Pagliolo profile image61
    Billie Paglioloposted 5 years ago

I think a good husband has all the noble qualities mentioned and also is emotionally centered - he has nothing to prove.  He has worked out any baggage from childhood and is insightful enough to understand his own psychology or courageous enough to get help to do so.

working