jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the biggest turn-off for you in a potential partner?

1. zsobig profile image83
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

What is the biggest turn-off for you in a potential partner?

During my life I've heard of many interesting and/or shocking turn-offs, is there really such a thing?
    Apart from the obvious reasons (obvious for me at least) like excessive drinking, slovenliness, etc. what can be a huge turn-off?
    For me the worst was a very nice and kind guy with a very foul breath sad.
    What about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7052824_f260.jpg

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

A third eye probably would be no great help.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Personal hygiene is first on my list. Same thing - I have known many very kind loving people who have bad  breath or body odor and I just can't handle it.

After hygiene it would be neediness in a guy, 'do you love me...?', etc. etc. I can't take that either.

4. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

A major turn-off for me would be a smoker.  That and a person who parties way too much.

5. dianavo2010 profile image61
    dianavo2010posted 5 years ago

I'm a neat freak, so not having good hygiene or a messy person is a deal-breaker! Not too shocking, however....

6. Rebecca2904 profile image81
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I really hate it when people can't accept the opinions of others. I've been known to cause a debate or two, but I also respect the opinions of others and make sure they know that. When people say things like 'people who believe in God are stupid' it simply infuriates me. I don't happen to believe in God, but if someone says that then I'll be in the 'God is awesome' corner so quickly you'd think I did.

7. CaptureTheMoment profile image59
    CaptureTheMomentposted 5 years ago

Not getting attention. When your with someone everything about them becomes something your ok with or accept. But when it doesn't seem like your the person on their mind thats when they sort of push you away. Personally attention is a major thing and not to sound stuck up but if I'm not getting it I'm easily turned off.

8. anuws profile image60
    anuwsposted 5 years ago

As per me it is the unfaithfulness. Hygiene of course matters! but if you are a good partner, you can advice him to improve his hygiene. But if he is not faithful for me, yes! that could be the huge turn-off!

9. munzine profile image61
    munzineposted 5 years ago

Poor communication and close mindedness. We don't have to agree on everything, but I'm so glad my partner listens to me with an open mind. He has his opinions, but we can talk about it and usually one of us will come around and change our mind. I love that. Also sexism, homophobia and racism are pretty big turnoffs. Certain topics just shouldn't be joked about, other people might like it but I get too easily annoyed by it.

10. securityproducts3 profile image41
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

Probably the biggest turnoff would be personal hygiene. It says a lot of a person when they take care of themselves. I've never stayed with someone long enough to find out what though.

working