I wish Indian Parents didn't not worry about what other people through of their

1. boparais1 profile image59
    boparais1posted 5 years ago

I wish Indian Parents didn't not worry about what other people through of their children

I wish I could just choose who I want to marry not have to marry a Indian.I would might if I like them at the moments I want to be Australian Guys  and everything else if your a Indian Teenager you understand.Why can't parents how understand dating normal and this is now modern culture.People go swimming,wear short clothes in summer and that no one will think bad of your child or judge them.

2. DreamerMeg profile image89
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

I understand that in Indian culture, family and social networks are extremely important. While people may move to a different country, they generally bring their own culture with them, however, their children, who go to school and college and may mix more in the new culture may well prefer the different freedoms available in the new culture. This can also happen as a culture changes. My parents lived through the 2nd world war and I was young in what was known as the "swinging 60's". My parents were horrified by the changes while I couldn't wait to try them out, including bikinis and mini skirts.

It's very hard to be patient when you're young. I wanted it all and I wanted it NOW! As you get older, the "freedoms" become less like freedoms and more like "time wasters" but it's unlikely to mean anything to you now at the moment. You just have to choose what you want to do and whether you REALLY want it enough to stand against your parents' disapproval. If so, go for it but be aware that all decisions have consequences. You have to be willing to live with the consequences.