jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do when you have been betrayed?

1. soconfident profile image85
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you have been betrayed?

I have a friend who is a woman who I tell everything. I told her that I have a crush on one of our co workers, so she decides to tell the girl I like all my dirty secrets,but not the fact that I like her. What do I do?

2. Johnny2Balls profile image61
    Johnny2Ballsposted 5 years ago

She's a confidant who tells your stories to other people? I'm no paediatrician, but I think that goes against the definition of a confidant.

Is this the first time that she's told other people about the things you share with her? How did you find out that she'd said something?

I ask because there could be a few potential explanations here:

1) She's terrible at keeping secrets, and you should probably stop telling her things.
    2) She doesn't think that the girl will be good for you, so she's taking any potential romance out of the equation in the most ill-advised way possible.
    3) She likes you, and doesn't want to see you with the other girl (Girl B). She's also borderline psychotic and thinks that ruining your trust is the way to your heart.
    4) She's a robot sent back from the future to stop you from ever getting together with Girl B and having a child who will end up fighting the robots...in the future.

1. soconfident profile image85
      soconfidentposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Its number 3,but i figured she wouldnt do that, because she has someone, so in my opinon thats just selfish.

2. Johnny2Balls profile image61
      Johnny2Ballsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How long have you known each other? How strong is your relationship? There's always the option that people do crazy, strange stuff when they care for people but don't know how to show it (or can't for whatever reason - like another relationship.)

working