jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think men gossip more than women?

1. Lyrickkw profile image69
    Lyrickkwposted 5 years ago

Do you think men gossip more than women?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I think they gossip just as much as women - but they don't call it that.  They call it "BSing" with the neighbor or buddies.

Lyrickkwposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol. Yes men seem to gossip just as much as women do. They really seem to do it more in the sports setting, but again they think that's not gossip.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't think so. We tend not to get to wrapped up in our friend's business. I guess we can be fairly selfish creatures. We really enjoy talking about ourselves (plans, accomplishments,  sexual conquest) when we are young.
    As we get older the conversations revolve around sports, work, or mundane conversations. Rarely if ever have I heard one guy talk about another man not dressing "his age" or saying, "Did you hear about so and so...etc"
    In some circles guys do enjoy making fun of each other or people they saw to generate laughs. However there is no "411" or "grapevine" type of reporting. :-)

lol. cool answer . I guess it depends on the guy and the surrounding around him.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No, they don't gossip, they rabbit just as much as women; however they generally only talk when there is something important to say and don't rabbit on endlesly about what is going on across the road, or aunt Mildreds ingrowing toenail operation, or why they were in a certain area of the shopping centre, and so, saw these wonderful shoes and had to buy them.

Most guys I know care less about gossiping, they just love their sports. Now here is the true question of the day do you think talking about sports and your favorite players is gossiping?

2. MickS profile image71
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, but I think turning it into a heart rending soul searching novel is. All that is needed is 'did you see Spurs beat whoever on Saturday, that puts them at 3rd.'
      I don't care what, whoever, across the road is wearing, doing, seeing.

5. profile image51
    vashttii1posted 5 years ago

Just as much as wemen do, because they will even listen to our phone conversations when we are discussing someone.

6. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say so. Guys really gossip as much as women do, women always have a story to tell.

7. mwales28 profile image60
    mwales28posted 4 years ago

I personally think that everyone gossips, some more than others.  I believe that some people tend to stay away from gossip but I don't believe it is gender based.  There are just as many women who don't gossip or gossip less as there are men who do gossip or gossip more.

working