jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

Are you a hugger, kisser or shaker?

1. BSloan profile image73
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Are you a hugger, kisser or shaker?

When you greet someone you know, do you hug them, give them a kiss, or shake their hand?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7250935_f260.jpg

2. Mom Kat profile image82
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Well I'm not a shaker... lmao... I'm a hugger & a kisser!
    I've been known to hug my bosses & even give them a peck on the cheek! ~ note, I've pretty much only had female bosses, so no threat of flirting or sexual harassment involved.  I'm just a huggy kissy person.

I hug friends hello & good-bye all the time.  I hug & kiss the kids & hubby hello & good-bye.

3. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 5 years ago

It depends who I'm greeting. Generally I'm a shaker or a waver (a quick wave of the hand).

4. info-overload profile image71
    info-overloadposted 5 years ago

In everyday situations I generally just wave my hand once and say 'hi' or just give a polite nod. In professional situations I shake their hand.

5. Dancing Water profile image61
    Dancing Waterposted 5 years ago

Definitely a hugger!  Five a day keeps the doctor away!

6. Trish303 profile image72
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

I'm a huger, I hug everyone. always have..

7. crystaleyes profile image67
    crystaleyesposted 5 years ago

It all depends upon who the person is.. I hug my friends and family and acquaintances.
    . but when it comes to people I am not much friendly with, a wave, a verbal greeting, or a handshake is fine..
    I hug and kiss all children because I love children.

8. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

When I greet a friend or an acquaintance, I will usually shake their hand if there is any physical contact.  I have given hugs and kisses only to my wife in the past.  When I greet anyone who is my age or older in Thailand, I will initiate a "wai" with them.  If a person initiates a "wai" with me, I will return it by holding my hands together in the form of prayer and moving them over the top of my nose.

9. btrbell profile image92
    btrbellposted 5 years ago

I am definitely not a shaker. I don't always know what to do when a hand is offered to me, often using the wrong hand to shake! I am a hugger and depending on the closeness of our relationship, a kisser!

1. DreamerMeg profile image91
      DreamerMegposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My father taught me to shake hands as a little girl. It is ALWAYS the right hand, never the left, even if you are a left-handed person. He was also very insistent on a firm hand shake, not a limp one.

10. That Grrl profile image63
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

I say hello. I'm not a hugger, kisser or shaker. If someone else reaches out for a hug or a handshake I won't ignore them or back away. But, it's not something I initiate.

11. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

None of these - if it's a person I know and see quite often, I greet them with a smile and just start talking to them. If it's someone in business, I prefer to shake hands. The only people I hug are those from other countries, where it is their norm and not to do so would cause upset, offence or concern.

12. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Hug usually. Shakes are for business partners from my perspective and a little rude if you consider someone your friend. While kisses are too formal and are reserved for your partner.

13. profile image51
    NeelPanposted 5 years ago

It depends on how well i know him/her and on the some other conditions.
    If the other one is my friend then i will hug if that person is just known one than i will shake hand and when that person is my love than i will do all the things first shake hand then hug and then kiss.The other condition if the other person is my mom or my brother and sister than i will be a kisser or hugger.so you can say i am having the quality of all 3 but you know i due i always got chance to be a shaker..as i don't have enough friends n all.

14. calynbana profile image82
    calynbanaposted 5 years ago

I am a stand back and hope to do none of those things type of person. I will watch what the other person's body language implies will happen and go with it, this usually means I end up in a hug.

Having a European family means I got a lot of hugs and kisses from complete strangers growing up, and this has made me quite uncomfortable with the whole greeting thing. I will avoid if I can.

working