Have you ever met a psychopath?

1. profile image52
    shyla3posted 5 years ago

Have you ever met a psychopath?

i ask because my first love was a psychopath, and he left a traumatic imprint.  He was callous, swindled me out of money, was verbally abusive, and totally irresponsible.  Psychopaths, or sociopaths, cause much destruction and misery and are without conscience.  Read Dr. Martha Stout's The Sociopath Next Door.  They can be the average person who play-act normality, but who can also be covetous and vicious and destroy lives.

2. abbykorinnelee profile image73
    abbykorinneleeposted 5 years ago

Yes I have met and had in my life someone that was a sociopath and I didn't know at first but over time, once I found out that the diagnosis was anti-social personality disorder I looked it up and when I realized that this person was that...I really thought its the scariest thing I have ever encountered.  Now I wasn't in a relationship with them but they were a close friend, and they don't change, or get better, feel true emotion though they can fake it really well...I just was shocked.  I can't get into the details of what I experienced as its not right to dicuss their business but I feel the pain for sure

working