jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is chivalry dead? If not, where did he go?

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Is chivalry dead?  If not, where did he go?

2. american13 profile image76
    american13posted 5 years ago

I dont think chivalry is dead...it's just hard to find. Very hard actually. Im not perfect, but I consider myself to be quite kind to women but you know what the worst thing? Many women I have encountered threw it all back in my face!!!! Ive been single for so long its crazy!!! Hope this answers your question!

ReneeDC1979posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks american13.  It's nice to hear from a guy that gentleman do exist.  Maybe, I'll meet mine soon.

2. american13 profile image76
      american13posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome. I really hope you do....being single I admit does have its advantages but sometimes I feel having someone has way more advantages over being single.

3. toys-everywhere profile image60
    toys-everywhereposted 5 years ago

I agree with American13. I am a girl, but I do my best to keep my own sense of honor and chivalry--perhaps it's because I dearly love English history--kings and queens and knights and such--or because I'm a Scorpio and I was born with a love of the noble, but I do have a preoccupation with my sense of honor.

I believe that since it is such a rare thing to be found, most people have no clue what to do with it once they find it. That's why chivalrous individuals get treated like trash or fools most of the time.

Thanks for your comment toys-everywhere

4. debbiepinkston profile image81
    debbiepinkstonposted 5 years ago

No, chivalry is not dead!  My husband is a gentleman and knows how to treat women with respect.

Thank you debbiepinkston

5. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 4 years ago

No, chivalry is not dead, for those who believe in it. Unfortunately, it has fallen by the wayside in certain areas because of the rise of the independent women who say "I don't need a man to do anything for me" and the lazy dudes that say "She is grown, she can handle it herself"

working