jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Wedding day nerves...did you have them? How did you beat them?

1. Relationshipc profile image89
    Relationshipcposted 5 years ago

Wedding day nerves...did you have them? How did you beat them?

Anyone have some advice on how to beat wedding day nerves? (I'm not getting married by the way)

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No, I didn't have wedding day nerves....... But, the divorce day nerves were h^*l. smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

When one thinks they have found "the one" there is not much to be nervous about. I would imagine if people are "nervous" it's because they are uncomfortable with being the center of attention.
    The important thing to remember is the people who are there are the ones (you) invited. It's not exactly a hostile audience! If there are any hiccups during the ceremony these are the people you want to share a laugh with. Trying to be "perfect" is usually what makes people nervous. The others are nervous because deep down they wonder if they're making a mistake! LOL!

4. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

No, I didn't have any jitters before the wedding. I knew I was marrying the right man, so what was there to be nervous about.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I had horrible wedding nerves. My family and mother-in-law had to stay by my side because I know I couldn't run with them there. Honestly, I didn't want a wedding. No one around, no big deal, etc. So to calm down the day a bit, we were married two months before the wedding. Some of the stress disappeared and none of our family members were the wiser.

6. multiculturalsoul profile image81
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

My wife and I planned and paid for our own wedding, so there was little time for nerves. We stayed busy the morning and afternoon of the wedding. It's hard to be nervous when there's always another thing to do. It was indeed a relief when we finally rode away in the limo. My wife is talking about renewing our vows ... and THAT makes me nervous!

working