jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Would you be in a long distant relationship?

1. NikiDiva profile image60
    NikiDivaposted 5 years ago

Would you be in a long distant relationship?

2. debbiepinkston profile image82
    debbiepinkstonposted 5 years ago

Yes, I would, and I am.  My husband lives in south America and I live in the U.S.  We are not apart all the time, we are together most of the time but there are still stretches of time of 2-3 months when we are apart.  We are always so happy to be together and we don't take a single moment for granted!

1. NikiDiva profile image60
      NikiDivaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But the two of u were together before it became a long distance thing right?

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Yes, I met my wife at a restaurant in downtown Chicago while I was visiting from California. We took turns flying back and forth (monthly) to be with one another for close to a year. After we became engaged I relocated. The thing to keep in mind is long distant relationships are meant to be (temporary). At some point one person has to make a move.  A long distance relationship without “a light at the end of the tunnel” is likely to fail. It’s the counting down the months, weeks, and days until you can finally be done with the inconvenience of being in a long distance relationship that keeps it strong. To sail a ship without a course/destination eventually gets old. The only reason for being in a long distance relationship is the belief she or he might be “the one”. If you’re just passing the time with someone you might as well do that locally.

4. multiculturalsoul profile image84
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I never had a long distance relationship that worked out. Absence may make the heart go fonder, but absence also makes the heart go wander ...

I had a girlfriend back home when I went of to college. She got lonely and found someone else.

I had a fiancee when I went to off to grad school. She got bored and found someone else.

I had another fiancee (I'm so lucky that way) when I moved south to start a new job. Her parents found her someone else.

I ended up marrying the proverbial "girl next door," and we'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary next month. I am thankful none of the other relationships worked out or I would not have met my soul mate. :~)

working