jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How long does a long distance relationship last before you say enough is enough

1. agoins profile image71
    agoinsposted 2 years ago

How long does a long distance relationship last before you say enough is enough

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

I think 8 years is enough, some could go as far as 10 years or more

agoinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

are you serious and why does it have to take that long to decide where you as the couple want to be.

3. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

I don't think you can put a time limit on a long distance relationship if both parties are serious about their relationship. Surely if they love each other even if they are from different countries if it is true love then they will make a way to be together. Otherwise the relationship won't last that long.

1. connorj profile image77
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I was from Canada and my Better Half is from the United States. We have been together for 38 years. Touch wood, no not my head!

2. agoins profile image71

38 years living separate?

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

One must define what is "making a long distance relationship work."

Do you mean it leads to a marriage or is it just a certain amount of time as in a year, two years, or three years...etc?

The problem with the vast majority of couples in long distance relationships is (they have no timeline or plan for when they will be together permanently.)

(Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary!)

The goal is to be with the one you love!
    At some point someone has to make a move. A long distance relationship without “a light at the end of the tunnel” is likely to fail.

How long someone is willing to "drift" in a long distance relationship without an end in sight will vary from person to person. However I'd say around the one year mark you should know if you are willing to relocate or if your mate plans to relocate.

It’s the counting down the months, weeks, and days until you are finally done with the inconvenience of being in a long distance relationship that keeps it strong!

The only reason for being in a long distance relationship is the belief he or she might be “the one”. If you’re just passing the time with someone you might as well do that locally. One man's opinion!smile

i can agree on that as well i believe it is also the fear of committing because of past failures

working