jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it OK to approach a woman at the gym, or do only creepers approach women at t

1. Robert Brainard profile image61
    Robert Brainardposted 5 years ago

Is it OK to approach a woman at the gym, or do only creepers approach women at the gym?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

If a woman thinks (you) are "hot" she won't care where you approach her.
    On the other hand if you have no idea if she is in a relationship, married, or she has never smiled at you then you might want to take things slowly.
    If she is a regular then you can build a rapport overtime by simply greeting her with a "hello" and a smile as you go about your business. After a couple of weeks of doing that you can walk up to her one day and extend your hand to introduce yourself. "Hi I'm ..... I know we've spoken a few times but I don't think we ever really met...etc Based upon how she reacts you can decide whether to engage in more conversation or continue greeting her by name a couple of more weeks and gradually adding more conversation.

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

It's not so much as to where you approach them, it's how you approach them, and what you say makes the difference.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Robert Brainard,

I feel it's okay to approach a woman at the gym. Watch out through, only some women want to be noticed at the gym. If she's all rumpled and sweaty and in need of a shower she might not want to meet a potential date. I would either catch them on their way in or wait until after the shower at the water fountain, or juice bar.

Good luck,
    Lisa

5. michelemacwrites profile image79
    michelemacwritesposted 5 years ago

Sure approaching her at the gym may seem opportunistic and a bit out there but when you have the opportunity to meet someone you are interested in, you have to grab that chance.  What if she is the one for you?  Suppose it's the last day she works out there and you don't see her again? Take the risk.  Go for it.  You could be missing out on a great friendship, soulmate or partner.

6. eelo profile image60
    eeloposted 5 years ago

It's a way different scenario than a bar.  And probably even more vulnerable than something like a coffee shop or grocery store.  Her defenses will probably be higher, so take it easy and slow.  If you're both regulars, you'll probably bump into her regularly (especially if you start stalking her & logging her routine, LOL).

working