jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

When your date admits to lying about age, is it a big deal?

1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

When your date admits to lying about age, is it a big deal?

When the person you're dating admits they are older/younger than what they first told you.

2. pradiiphira profile image71
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

it matters, but it is more important that he/she admitted and speak truth, because confession is very difficult.

1. windygreen profile image60
      windygreenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"admitting" does not always mean freely forwarding info.   if you are caught red-handed in a lie.. you have little other sensible option.   So take into account whether this admission was voluntary or forced before giving merit for honesty.

2. stricktlydating profile image84
      stricktlydatingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting thanks Windygreen and pradiiphira.

3. windygreen profile image60
    windygreenposted 5 years ago

Depends....

Have you  or the other person been breaking the law?

How much did they initially lie?    Was is a year or two ....Or was it 10 or 20 or more years?     

I would be sure to ask if there was ANYTHING else they lied about in the beginning.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

On the surface of things it is not a big deal (unless it's a potential statutory) issue. If someone is 50 but looks 40 and initially claims to be 40 I don't think it's a "deal breaker" in itself. Truth is I never looked at dating as trying to find a spouse. In fact like a lot of guys I told myself I was (never) going get married. I was wrong! :-)
    I think having that mindset liberated me from a lot of the pressures put on the dating experience. Chemistry and attraction as well as relationship goals are far more important than age in my opinion. Raquel Welch (actress) is in her 70s and is still considered "hot". I'm sure she'd have no problem finding guys 20 years her junior wanting to take her out.
    I suspect people are more likely to lie about age and weight via Internet dating. The primary reason would be to (increase odds) of their profile coming up in (age) range selcted searches. Even if for examaple a 45 year old woman looks younger than her age she is likely to be (viewed more) if she lists herself as being age 39. It's possible her experience has been guys her age or older are less "fun" to date. Therefore she tells a "white lie". It's not a big deal.

1. stricktlydating profile image84
      stricktlydatingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dashingscorpio, it's always great to read your brilliant thoughts about dating! Thanks for commenting.

working