Did Oscar Pistorius intentionally murder Reeva Steenkamp?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. CynthiAnn profile image61
    CynthiAnnposted 11 years ago

Did Oscar Pistorius intentionally murder Reeva Steenkamp?

Evidence doesn't really support his statement that he mistook her for a burgler

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, he fired several shots. I do not believe for one minute that he mistook her for a burglar. He saw and shot her before she hid in the bathroom, when he then fired more shots. I'm sorry but I think this man killed Reeva.

CynthiAnnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree.I don't necessarily think it was "premeditated" as much as maybe temper gone horribly wrong or something.Thank you for your answer! :-)

2. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does it really matter if it was premeditated or not? Murder is murder...plain and simple.

3. CynthiAnn profile image61

True. However, there is a difference between murdering someone with intention of doing it or accidentally killing someone.  The more I hear, the more I think it was intentional, but I don't think he was in a right state of mind when he did it.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

It sounds like he made up the burglary story. However it appears security cameras show she arrived the day before. Therefore she did not come into the house in the middle of the night. Apparently he's never watched an episode of CSI.

I think so too.He said something like he heard something and feared for his life and Reeva's so he acknowledged he knew she was there.Lol..I love CSI :-)

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

yeah, seems that the evidences are pointing the finger at him than the so-called burglar. Hope that the truth will be out soon. Poor lady.

Indeed! It's so horrific. I feel yes he could have mistaken her for a burgler, but he said he yelled out before firing.If that was the case, wouldn't she had said something back?He said he yelled to her to call the Police, then it dawned on him...hmm

5. sarahmoose profile image65
    sarahmooseposted 11 years ago

There are too many strange things at play for him to be innocent. He thought there was a burglar, but didn't think to check on her. He didn't call out to ask who was there, just shot through the door. When he had shot through the door, he went and got back into bed, which is when he realised she wasn't there. Surely, if he was shooting a gun, and she had been asleep in bed, she would have been woken up by the noise?

Thank you for your thoughtful answer! You are right, too. There are many holes in his version of what transpired that night. She was also fully dressed which indicates that it was unlikely that she'd even been in bed at all that night.

6. profile image49
    bambam11posted 10 years ago

There's so many questions. I see some of his behavior during the crime was totally off the radar. He went up and down stairs twice. Once to open the door and once to go back and get her. Your dying spouse who you are in love with is dying in front of you and you go down to open the front door first!! He calls someone he knows about whats happened not the police. He seemed to have alot of time to waste with his girlfriend  whom he said he was/is in love with laying there dying!! He appears to be a spoilt boy. I seen him at the Olympics throwing a fit about something!! He thinks he's untouchable. He's had people lying for him over gun crime before and im sure much more!! Her family didn't know him, there was no bond there, it was only 2/3 months there were together Only his family know him, 'And they do'!!!
    . I'm sure he really isn't bothered about what he done just whats coming his way. I hope.

1. profile image51
      rajthechemistposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think Pistorius committed murder for two main reasons
      1. Logically you would check whereabouts of girlfriend prior to any action taken.
      2. He alleges he called out to her in the bedroom several times before shooting. Surely, the fact there was no r

7. Errol Graham Musk profile image58
    Errol Graham Muskposted 10 years ago

Why did this girl lock herself in the toilet? I have never experienced a woman or a man in a relationship locking themselves in when going to the toilet during the night, with only their partner in the adjoining bedroom or bathroom. It would be a gesture  by one's partner saying "I am NOT in a relationship with you". Not so?
    To my mind this says everything. By locking the door she was seeking safety from Pistorius.

1. profile image50
      Edwin Lposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Or maybe Reeva also thought there was an intruder after hearing Oscar shout, so locked the toilet door (and didn't call out/scream) to protect herself from the 'intruder' - not Oscar. This is the tragedy (if Pistorius' version of events is true).

8. Edward J. Palumbo profile image83
    Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years ago

His behavior is inconsistent with his training, and past behaviors speak against him. I have dealt with home intrusion, and I made certain I knew exactly where my wife and child were before I drew my weapon. That individual was turned over to sheriff's deputies, but I would not have risked a shot that would have harmed my loved ones, and neither would anyone else who purports to be experienced with firearms. Pistorius failed to define or identify the threat. What if Ms. Steenkamp was being held in the bathroom with the perp? No, he fired through a bathroom door. It makes much better sense to wait until an intruder exits the bathroom, as eventually one must, but to fire through the door four times evidences a different priority. I realize this is not a jury trial (the judge must decide); however, if I was a member of the jury in such a case, the evidence weighs heavily against him.

9. profile image48
    Shania Paulineposted 9 years ago

Yeah I think he killed her. In his point of view when he is calling out to Reeva to call the cops and she didn't answer is suspicious she could of answer saying "I can't I'm in the toilet" and when Oscar is yelling at the so called burglar in the toilet to get out, why didn't she answer? I say he intentionally killed Reeva. Having these questions popped up in my head, "why didn't she answer Oscar when he was calling out her name to ring the cops and even when Oscar was trying to tell the burglar to get out?"

10. samihipendo profile image61
    samihipendoposted 9 years ago

His money says he didn`t... apparently the judge as well...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)