jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

My boyfriend beat me and I just found out I pregnant? What do I do?

  1. Ona Canady profile image59
    Ona Canadyposted 4 years ago

    My boyfriend beat me and I just found out I pregnant? What do I do?

    I don't believe in abortion and I don't know what I should do?

  2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

    Are you dependent on your boyfriend? If not, leave him. If you are, try to find someone else to be dependent upon, even if it is family. I agree as I don't believe in abortion either. Your boyfriend might beat the child if he beats up on you and I think you would want your child to grow up in a safer environment.

  3. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

    Ona Canady,

    I had a boyfriend like that and I felt I didn't have any choices. You do!
    Get somewhere safe away from him. Look up some phone numbers of crisis centers in your area. They should be able to lead you to a social worker who deals with this sort of thing. Don't believe him when he says he won't do it again and that he loves you. He'll try it again. Once they think it's okay, they have no reason to stop. Do something now before you're too pregnant to walk. Don't think that because it's his baby that you have to put up with this kind of crap.
    Take care of the two of you,

  4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 4 years ago

    Get rid of him, that behavoir is despicable.  Your quite right BOYfriend, MEN don't beat up women.

  5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

    Get out, call your dad, call a friend, call the cops. A man who would beat a woman and one who is pregnant is a waste of skin.  You must leave - absolutely must.  He will apologize, he will promise he will never do it again - but he will. Get out any way you can.

  6. dailytop10 profile image93
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

    Leave that prick! We don't deserve such kind of treatment. Raise your angel on your own. I know it's easier said than done but it's the best option you have now. I'm really fired up now after imagining how horrible your experience was. If you can't leave him for your own sake, do it for the baby. I wish you all the best and may you stay strong.

  7. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

    Unless you enjoy being beaten the answer is clear that you find you somewhere else to live. Unfortunately if you plan to keep your child this man will be forever legally connected to you. However the courts can help to decide what is in the child's best interest with visiting options and support. He may be granted "supervised visits". Hopefully you filed charges for the abuse so there is a paper trail. Best of luck!

Closed to reply