jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What Would Happen If You Found Out God didn't exist?

1. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

What Would Happen If You Found Out God didn't exist?

2. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

Nothing. The question is what would happen if you found out that God exit?

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

That's an interesting question because the religious love to ask of the non-religious, what they would do if they discovered god existed. Yet many refuse outright to entertain the hypothetical in the opposite direction. As an atheist, discovering that god doesn't exist wouldn't be all that surprising to me. Unfortunately, even if there was definitive proof that he didn't exist, people would still believe regardless. God represents an easy road to morality, decision making, and the promise of eternal happiness. So, while I think this is a great question, I will be legitimately surprised if you find any theist willing to answer it.

4. Ron Hawkster profile image60
    Ron Hawksterposted 5 years ago

I would cancel my subscription to "Gods Daily".

1. vveasey profile image84
      vveaseyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image57
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

I would like to believe that God does exist. Just to look up to some unknown source of strength in times of stress.

6. Darrell Roberts profile image69
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

The question seems incomplete.  Ok let us say that God did not exist.  I would first need to know what do you mean by the worrd God.  Then I would question you until you were exhausted. I could question for days on end.  Then let us say that some how it was proven that God according to our agreed definition did not exist.  I would then tell you that we probably started out with the wrong definition.

The logic is that in most traditions God is omnipresent, omscient, and omnipotent. In other word God is the source of existence itself.  God is so powerful the God could make us believe that there is no God and still exist. Besides how would anyone really know if we are limited to one small planet when there are infinite possibilities. 

Best wishes.

7. jadesmg profile image90
    jadesmgposted 5 years ago

despite being atheist i do think finding out God doesn't exist to be actual, provable fact a shock. Beyond that, assuming everyone in the Christian world (assuming you are talking of Christianity) would be greatly affected, surely the western world would be in termoil of some sort. maybe even a war???there would surely be those who just refuse to accept. So, would rather not find out, unless it was only me that knew.