jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Have you found your soul mate?

1. wellspoken profile image62
    wellspokenposted 5 years ago

Have you found your soul mate?

If so how did you know they were you soul mate?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

At one time, I thought so. But, we are no longer together, so I suppose not.

wellspokenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

trust me I have been there its funny how life changes. when we think its right were wrong and vice versa. what made you think you had found your soul mate before if you don't mind me asking?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

We were together for 18 years and I came home to a "Dear john letter."

3. no body profile image69
    no bodyposted 5 years ago

I believe there is a misconception that a person can find their soul-mate by accident and then not have to work for unity in their relationship. They expect that they will find a person that has all of their likes and none of their dislikes and somehow magically the relationship will take off without any bumps in the road. God brings a person into a person's life circle that He knows will be a "good fit" as long as He is in the mix to help make it work. There will be some things for both parties to do to modify in order to be inter-dependent upon each other. There will be mistakes made so that forgiveness is the order of the day. There will have to be time invested in developing tolerances to things each is not used to having in their lives, but it is all worth it. God builds the soul-mate from rough building material that He sees in each of us at the start of a relationship.
    When a relationship begins there is a high dose of chemicals at work to cause an attraction and excitement for the bond to begin. That however, is not supposed to be a forever thing. That is only meant to smooth out the beginnings (the hardest part) of a couple's life together. Depending on the couple this attraction will be up to about 3 years. A couple is supposed to be learning to be dependent upon God as a cohesive couple and interdependent upon each other during that time. But most just lay back and enjoy the ride as if it is never going to end, slamming headlong into the work in the marriage like slamming into a brick wall.
    God is the One who makes it possible to meet one's soul-mate. He is the One that creates the combination that causes a lifetime relationship to be possible. In my life I have found on two separate occasions that a soul-mate was given to me. The first I didn't know about the work involved in marriage and it was a train wreck. In the second, I have done my homework and God has built a home with Himself in the center of all we do. I love my wife and the 15 years we have been together has been the happiest I've ever known. Bob.

wellspokenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for sharing this. i couldnt agree with you more. God is and always will be the center of life. i tell everyone that i know if they want to make a relationship last they have to have a threesome. man woman and God...thanks for the sharing

4. jennshealthstore profile image90
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

I believe that I have met my soul mate. And the reason being is simply because it is different than any other relationship I have ever had. I have more understanding, more compassion, more forgiveness, a stronger bond, more everything for this man than any other. We even broke up one time, and I knew he was the one when I really wanted what was best for him, even if it was not with me. We were apart for a number of years and wound up back together. I believe that there is that one person that is best out there for each of us.

5. kabugalewis profile image60
    kabugalewisposted 5 years ago

I began to.doubt the existence of soul mates to the extent of not believing in them anymore

6. tuteramanda profile image60
    tuteramandaposted 5 years ago

no there is no soulmate ,just fit your life