jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What's holding you back from loving a friend whom you have every reason to love?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

What's holding you back from loving a friend whom you have every reason to love?

It just occurred to me that something is holding me back from loving a friend I have every reason to love, and it made me think that maybe many of us feel this way, and some of us might have solved this dilemma.  If we find out what it is that is holding us back, maybe we can love that person better.  Or maybe we don't have to know the reason, but instead just tell the person who deserves our love, that we do love them,  and love can work from outside in

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I have a friend I have known all of my life. The only thing that is holding me back from being around him; although I do love him and we have been through a lot together, is his heavy drinking. I am a recovering alcoholic and just can't be around that environment.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but if you're able to love him and tell him,  I wld think that's the most important part. He's very lucky and probably knows why you can't hang together. I'm having trouble actually loving an old friend.  There's no reason not to and she needs it

2. duffsmom profile image59
      duffsmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Billie maybe it is the needy part that holds you back. It can be scary when someone needs you and begins to depend on you. It can very stressful and claustrophobic .

working