jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it really that hard to be honest?

1. brittvan22 profile image83
    brittvan22posted 4 years ago

Is it really that hard to be honest?

Is honesty too much to expect from people? Why has it been so much easier for some to lie? Am I the only person that still believes the truth will set you free?

2. Alecia Murphy profile image78
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

The truth is freeing but sometimes I think it is hard for people to understand that when they make up their story. Sure it's an easy way out but the truth is going to eat at you worse than just telling the person what is on your mind.

3. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

This depends on the person and the situation. Yes, many people feel lying is easier if they are trying to get away with something or manipulate you in one way or another. And there are a lot of people who have mental disorders which lying can be a part of... sociopathy for example is a lack of empathy which will make these people lie whenever they feel it is beneficial to themselves. Pathological liars could be trying to manipulate a situation or they could genuinely believe their lies or perceive reality in a way that their lies are true to them.

For the sane people - integrity is a good thing and yes, telling the truth can be morally and emotionally satisfying. I wish I could say there was a lot of these people but really... we've always been the minority.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

It is hard to be honest to hurt someone dear to you. To lie may not be the right way but it is the temporary way to keep your dear one happy until bad time is over.

5. DexisView profile image75
    DexisViewposted 4 years ago

It is not too hard to be honest.  If you tell the truth all the time, you have less to worry about.  When people know that you are an honest person, they trust you.

working