jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you and your spouse usually do on a date night?

1. PatriciaBessey profile image61
    PatriciaBesseyposted 4 years ago

What do you and your spouse usually do on a date night?

My husband and I are going to attempt to go out of the house without children. Since this is a rare occurrence for us we honestly don't know what to do with ourselves. I really don't want to just do a movie/dinner date night. Does anyone else have any ideas?

2. prettynutjob30 profile image92
    prettynutjob30posted 4 years ago

Go skating or bowling, you will not be able to stop laughing together. This is also a good thing that will allow you both to share some of your favorite childhood memories from the past.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Usually we go out to eat. I stopped going paintballing with him after the first time we went together. But bowling is something we both enjoy and haven't done in a while. It wouldn't take much to talk him into bowling. As a kind of bonding, we both got our boating license at the same time and rented a boat just to ourselves for a day. We both fished for a while, then I just grabbed my book while he continued. In this area, there is an art festival going on but I'd rather go with my friend Cat to that with her.

4. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

The best dates are just two together, and no one else. If you are going to spend money, spend it on a sitter for the kids. Don't go out to dinner, eateries are usually overcrowded and there is no quiet to just sit and talk...going to the movies, you don't even interact, going out with others only keeps you from relating to each other.  Send the kids to the sitter, go back home, have a date at home...or take a long walk and hold hands, watch a sunset, make love. Make it a rule that you cannot talk about work, money, kids, or in-laws.