jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Could you or would you be willing to stay in a sexless marriage?

1. strkngfang profile image78
    strkngfangposted 4 years ago

Could you or would you be willing to stay in a sexless marriage?

Given the situation wasn't physically or medically challenged.  A sexless marriage is defined by spousal sex 10 times or less per year.

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

Nope. Not unless we both get to a point where things just aren't functioning. While it isn't the only part of a relationship sex is a key component in a relationship.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Absolutely not!
    The underlying purpose of "foresaking all others" is the belief that one has (someone) "committed" to meeting their needs physically and emotionally.
    There is no need to "foresake" all others in order to be (platonic friends or roommates) with the same last name.
    Unless there is a some medical issue which cannot be addressed I would view sexual incompatibility as a "deal breaker". Natually everyone is entitled to have their own (deal breakers).
    Leaving is more honorable than cheating.

4. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Definitely not! I would stay in  marriage where I  am not deeply in love but no sex is a no-no.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

I would not be happy about it at all. My husband knows where I stand on sexual relations and it is expected at least weekly. Anything less and there is high tension in the house. Sex is a stress relief for me and I do not do well without it.

6. profile image68
    graceinusposted 4 years ago

I believe there could be many reasons why sex in a marriage is not possible. And just because a couple may find themselves in this type of situation does not mean they don't love each other. If the couple still find happiness in their marriage without it, then God bless them anyway.