jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

What is love?

1. Anselome profile image74
    Anselomeposted 5 years ago

What is love?

(Baby don't hurt me)...

Seriously though, what is your definition of love?

2. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 5 years ago

love is kindness, compassion, helping others, listening/being there for others.

Love is not seeking pleasure in someones pain, This is an sin  to God of course

Love is uniting together to help change/better the world
    Love is paying it forward.

Love is the Holy Spirit.

IF you have love everything else falls in place. If you put God first he will give you all the love/abundance/wealth/pleasures of life.

"strength comes from within, but love surfaces on the outside and shines a magick light into our hearts"

Anselomeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Solid answer. Very well structured and a great message. Love will shine in the dark and it will keep us united. Who would want to live in a world without love? Where no one cared for anyone but themselves.  I really like your end quote.

2. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response, and you are right, now on has the best answer, it is through their own experiences and feelings.

3. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes love shines in the dark, how true, it will bring light to the darkest of places, thanks for that

3. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

I love this question because it seems like nobody has the best answer for it. We can only try to answer the question but not to everybody's satisfaction as will be observed in the responses I got to a similar question in the following article http://anjili.hubpages.com/t/2d956d

Anselomeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just read your hub. Great work. Everyone does have differing opinions on love  but we must always remember "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

4. lumen2light profile image79
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

Love is: without expectation.
    Love is: without conditions.
    Love never asks why, and love never answers.
    Love is the best feeling you could ever imagine and the worst pain you will ever feel.
    Love is what makes us human.

Anselomeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very good answer. Very heartfelt, and actually even moving.

Stay Excellent!

2. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very nice. I guess love is what makes the world go around. Those that have not even a ounce of love cant be human. Even animals have love

5. profile image49
    Gigglerposted 4 years ago

What is Love?   -  Love itself of course. Love is a heart felt feeling in us all for without it, there's no meaning to live life if it's only hate and resentment. It's a wonderful feeling to love and a blessing to be loved.

Keep on Loving for Love itself is Worth it!

Great answer. Love is definitely what makes life worth living. It's the capacity within each of us to care for one another. Without it there is chaos and sadness.

6. WalterPoon profile image78
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Depends on the context... if it is between a boy and a girl, or a man and a woman, it's usually lust, mistaken as love. Is that not why many marriages end up in divorce, after professing a whirlwind romance?

The greatest love in this world is between mother and child... an unconditional giving, without any expectation of receiving anything in return. Let's be honest, this kind of love can only be given to a select few. If you start giving this kind of love to everyone, you will not only be taken for a ride but you will end up in misery, simply because you just can't keep on giving your time and your resources.

A very valid point. Although I believe that most marriages end up in divorce because people rush into them before they have spent enough time getting to know one another. Seeing someone every day is much different than living with someone.

2. WalterPoon profile image78
      WalterPoonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In the US, researchers estimate that 40-50% of all 1st marriages and 60% of 2nd marriages will end in divorce. Reasons include marrying at a very early age, less education and income, living together before marriage, a premarital pregnancy...

7. profile image51
    lincolnandersonposted 4 years ago

Love is an energy. Most love we experience is conditional love. I love you because...even though you may not realize you are deciding to love this way for humans it is generally true. God's love in unconditional, it is there for us no matter what, a higher love energy.

8. avneet sidhu profile image59
    avneet sidhuposted 4 years ago

Love is all about what you can give, not what you expect from other. When you want someone to always smile- its Love, when you unconditionally care for someone - its Love, when you feel him/her around you every-time - its Love, when you trust someone like nothing else in this world - its Love, when you cannot imagine your life without him/her - its Love..
    Love is everywhere but we need to discover true.. Its not only about our partner or boyfriend - its about everyone - Father, Mother, Friend, Brother, sister....................................

9. todphifer profile image60
    todphiferposted 4 years ago

Love is feeling of hearts, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.its like a temporary madness.............

Indeed, love can be called a kind of madness. "People do crazy things for love". I myself know the first time I experienced love I did weird things I wouldn't have even thought of before. Looking back on it now I consider it a learning experience. smile

working