jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you know for sure your friends listen to you?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

How do you know for sure your friends listen to you?

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Another one of those things in life I do not have time to concern myself with. If anyone, friend or otherwise, wants to hear my opinion, I'll offer it. Whether or not they listen to what I have to say does not matter to me in the least.

3. profile image0
    WhitneyAustinposted 4 years ago

What I say to my friends are what God tells me. The TWO  things that all my friends and family have taken to heart from what I said to them is, "Do not give up."And they know that I will always love them no matter what. I will be honest, that is the only two things.  They say I am one of the strongest person they know and they say I have unfailing faith. They know that and yet they have not practiced it that much yet. They always come back and ask me the same questions and I tell them the same answers. One day they will hear it, not from me, but from God.

I would die for my God, my family and my friends. No matter what my family and friends have done, the choices they make, the mistakes they make, no matter how they treat me. God had spoken to me to not give up on certain people and I still haven't to this day. There are some people that are sometimes ashamed to talk to me, too scared, too disappointed but I always tell them, its okay. I love you. No need to be afraid, ashamed, or disappointed. They will be forgiven.

So, if it seems like they don't listen to you, don't ever stop trying because you will get through but God ALWAYS gets through. If they don't listen, all you can say, I love you, I am always here, and I will pray for you and I will be here when you're ready. Don't ever stop loving and don't ever stop praying. It does work. Its taken me years to get through to someone that I know and she thought no one loved her, but she finally realizes that some one does. Today, no matter how much trouble she is in, she asks me to pray for her and love her. I tell her, I've never stopped. I don't stop because God doesn't. So....don't ever stop.

4. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 4 years ago

They ask you to clarify or they paraphryze your story back to you, it is very important for us human to be heard, to be valued...active listening is a gift you can give to your friends every day and it is one of those priceless gifts that are the most appreciated:)

5. John-Charles profile image60
    John-Charlesposted 4 years ago

When people ask you a question, then as you are trying to answer it, they are reiterating their view.  I know they want you to confirm what they think and if you don't, then they are trying to convince you.

They explain their position.  I explain mine.  They explain theirs again.  I walk away.

6. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 4 years ago

I know for sure they don't. At first I thought it was just my Grandmother that was "talking over me". She even does it at high volume. She's in her 90's, Irish, and sharp as a razor, so I just chalked it up to seniority and conversation domination being her "right".....

But then I was talking to my life long friend on the phone the other day, and I noticed that he was doing it too. And then when I would finally get a word in, he would start baby talking with his new-born, or yawn, or talk to his wife, and when I finish my story, he would start with another.....about what was going on with him.
    Then I noticed it at work too....I swear, I'm starting to feel like the guy from "office space" who just wanted his red stapler back.....

So this morning, as the sun was rising,  I hear the birds singing loudly outside, its finally spring and the birds are giving it there best. So I go outside my apartment building and praise the birds for their fine songs, and I try my best to sing and whistle a few myself. Apparently, the neighbors didn't appreciate my songs and called the police on me. I tried to explain to the police officer that I was just trying to converse with a few birds who were paying attention to me, but of course, he wouldn't listen either.......