jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In terms of love, what are the signs that a person is mature?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

In terms of love, what are the signs that a person is mature?

Sometimes people do mature at an early age, what are the general signs that a person is mature in terms of their love life?

2. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 4 years ago

In regard to maturity in general, one of my psychology professors once mentioned in  one of his lectures that one sign of maturity is when a person is willing to join the labor force or in other words - have a great desire to work! As far as love and relationship is concerned however, there are quite a few facets of an individual's life that you can examine to determine whether or not that person is mature or at least showing some signs of maturity. For example, when a person is willing to be committed to a relationship, that's usually one huge sign of maturity. In some sense, this is somewhat parallel to the theory of civilization. Based on this theory, civilization began when men began to give up their nomadic lifestyles ( constantly moving from place to place) for a more settled one ( From  Hunter - gatherers to settled farmers), for the sake of their families and themselves. This to me, is one big sign of maturity! Likewise, a man or woman who is willing to settle down and try to cultivate a future with a person in my opinion, is one big sign of maturity!

3. MKayo profile image92
    MKayoposted 4 years ago

When a person is willing to give anything for the one who is loved. All other signs are just parts of this one general sign.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Once a person matures, I believe they tend to think more about the wants and needs of the person they love, rather than their own needs. It is a sign of maturity to want what is best for the person you love, regardless of how if inconveniences you, might not be what you want.

5. DexisView profile image75
    DexisViewposted 4 years ago

Mature love goes with emotional maturity.  When you are able to talk about your feelings and express them, you are more than likely capable of mature love.  An emotionally immature person is not capable of expressing their feelings or dealing with the feelings of others. I don't think that age is an indicator of maturity.

working