jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you love someone 10 years younger then you?

1. ktnptl profile image86
    ktnptlposted 4 years ago

Can you love someone 10 years younger then you?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

It depends on the ages and the maturity of the people involved.  I am 40 and my hubby is 31 and we love each other dearly.  We are also at places in our lives that are similar and we have very compatible personalities and core values. We've been together for almost 8 years.  We are best friends and very much in love - so the age has nothing to do with it really.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I agree with ChristinS.
    It's not just about the 10 years but rather at what stage of life or maturity the younger person is. An 18 year old with a 28 year old is more than just 10 years in life experience when compared to a 30 year old with a 40 year old or 50 year old with a 60 year old.
    Essentially the older the youngest person is the less the 10 years makes a difference. No one would approve of a 16 year old with a 26 year old and yet if the same two people got together at ages 36 and 46 it wouldn't be a big deal. However if we are strictly talking about (falling in love) with a younger person, it's absolutely possible!
    The truth is most couples do not dwell on the past when it comes to conversations. We tend to talk about current events, what was on TV last night, where to go and eat, or weekend plans. This explains how people have friends of different age groups in the workplace. After a certain point an adult is an adult.

4. PoeticFailosophy profile image60
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

"than"

working