jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it so hard for men to understand women?

1. blessedp profile image82
    blessedpposted 4 years ago

Why is it so hard for men to understand women?

Why do men have to be so difficult and why do they think what they do is more important than what women does?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I think women have just as difficult of a time "understanding" men.
    However in my opinion it's not really an "understanding" issue so much as both sexes expecting the other to (think and behave) as they do! Acceptance of individual and gender differences is the key.
    Having said that there is no "one size fits all" for either gender. One woman may enjoy doing one thing while another woman enjoys doing another. The issues you may face in (your) relationship may not be an issue in someone else's. One has to preference what they say by stating: "The men/women (I) am attracted to or who are attracted to me are difficult."
    "There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships; we either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have."
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends. lovers, and spouse.
    We are who we are and ultimately everyone wants to be loved and appreciated for being who they are.
    The beautiful thing about a door is it lets those who want in (in) and those who want out (out). No one is "stuck" with anyone.
    We are always where we (choose) to be.

3. stanwshura profile image73
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Sorry, yours is a prejudiced question to start.  Substitute "gays" or "black people" or, believe it, "women" in the phrase "why is it so hard for (x)..." and you'd start an uproar!

I never overlook such generalities, as they are, by identity, stereotypes and thus false and wrong to apply to everyone within a certain group.

Many *groups* of people have trouble understanding other *groups*.  The first step to relieving that is open, honest, completely nonjudgmental communication.

4. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 4 years ago

There is no difference between men and women concerning their opinion, jobs, views and none of them is easier or harder to understand, the individual people do, men and women likewise. I have a very good friend, man and he understands me better than anyone, it has nothing to do with gender, more with personality, than anything else.

working