jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can old forgotten friendships be refreshed?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Can old forgotten friendships be refreshed?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8002416_f260.jpg

2. DuckyDee profile image60
    DuckyDeeposted 4 years ago

I believe any friendship can be refreshed and renewed. One just has to be open to caring for people. We are called to love and with that in mind one should always be able to find a place in their heart for people who want or need them around.

3. Acmontero profile image59
    Acmonteroposted 4 years ago

I am a strong believer that true friends can go years without seeing or talking to each other and then when they cross paths again, the friendship there is renewed. True friends don't always have to be there to be your friend. My best friend moved out of the country after we graduated high school. I moved to a different state within the U.S. We did not speak for 2 years because we both had lots going on in our lives. Thank God for social media, we were able to reconnect via Facebook. We began chatting like we had just seen each other a week ago. It was normal just add a few new stories here and there.

4. Souther29 profile image79
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

Definitely. Sometimes people drift apart because of location changes or different life stages or even that their personality has changed. There is nothing to say you can't reconnect with these people though.

I had a friend at university who was quite a good friend but then hadn't seen her in 4-5 years. I then got an invite to her birthday and we actually reconnected and our friendship became stronger than it was before. Really great.

5. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Definitely old friendships can be refreshed in many cases, there would always be a special bond between such friendships

working