jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is more important in a relationship??

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 4 years ago

What is more important in a relationship??

Trust or mutual understanding?

2. blessedmommyof3 profile image66
    blessedmommyof3posted 4 years ago

Definitely trust is more important, how can you love someone that you can't trust?

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Trust.  True love, physical intimacy, closeness, and all aspects of a really good relationship stem from being able to trust that person.  Mutual understanding is something that comes with time, work and of course trust.

4. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 4 years ago

Most people seem to give trust freely at the beginning of their relationship and then allow situations to chip away at that trust either in huge parts or little by little until there is none left.  They are then left feeling foolish, hurt, and betrayed.  I never understood that.  I believe trust is earned and the foundation to earning trust is mutual understanding.  I honestly believe that these two are so closely related that one should not be separated from the other.  You see, without mutual understanding as a foundation, a relationship should not be started.  Once in a relationship, the foundation exist for trust which is important.

5. Christine P Ann profile image74
    Christine P Annposted 4 years ago

I think both are important to a good relationship. However I believe trust is the most important element because it offers a strong foundation for the relationship to remain strong and grow.

working