jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that physical attributes are more important to maintaining a succes

1. michellebanjoman profile image60
    michellebanjomanposted 7 years ago

Do you think that physical attributes are more important to maintaining a successful relationship ?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3931724_f260.jpg

2. royalbert profile image53
    royalbertposted 7 years ago

No. Spiritual attribute are more important then Physical attributes

3. TheZen ofWriting profile image61
    TheZen ofWritingposted 7 years ago

Physical attributes are material.  Focusing on the material is an illusion.  It causes one to live through the material rather than through themselves.  So, no, physical attributes are usually superficial.  To maintain a successful relationship, one must focus on the mental attributes. This will enhance the physical attributes of anyone.  If you've ever seen someone and measured them by their physical attributes, then meet them, then get to know them, have you seen how their physical attributes have changed?

4. Jay Louidor profile image61
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

I think maintaining a successful relationship is far more fulfilling and rewarding than just physical attributes. The physical is nice, but it won't be there for you when you need it the most. It doesn't sooth the soul, Love does. The love that exist in a healthy relationship.

5. MayG profile image88
    MayGposted 7 years ago

No way!  You only have to look at Hollywood relationships to see that even the most beautiful people have trouble maintaining relationships.  No matter how attractive the partner, without common interests and values and constant effort in a relationship, it will eventually fail.  Having said that, I do think that it is important to not just let everything go physically once you feel secure in a relationship.  You still want to try and look good for each other.

6. terced ojos profile image65
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Nope.

It starts out that way but eventually you get to know the person and what may have been supremely physically attractive when you met that person may become extraordinarily ugly after you get to know them.

I've dated some very beautiful women in my time and I have to tell you that physical attraction fades.  It is a real mental and physical and spiritual connection coupled with physical intimacy that sustains...slow burn.

7. Ranveer Bhatia profile image59
    Ranveer Bhatiaposted 4 years ago

Everyone says that physical attributes should never receive importance in a relationship, but that's hardly the case. A majority of the people are inclined towards physical appearances above anything. It takes a great deal of mental strength and will before one can stabilize his/her mind and bring it to focus on the love shared between the relationship which is way above than anything else on this entire planet.

working