jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Married men: Did you consciously shop for or look for a wife?

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Married men: Did you consciously shop for or look for a wife?

There are lots of books and articles written to advise women on which traits men look for when they are "searching" for a wife. I personally never had marriage as a "goal" at anytime prior to my decision to propose. In fact every guy I know of ended up marrying the woman he was (already) dating or living with. When they initially met (he did not have marriage) on his mind. It was more of an "evolution process".

Do you really believe men go "wife shopping" aside from the (Mail-Order Bride) variety?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8172601_f260.jpg

2. Thief12 profile image89
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

I wasn't really looking for a wife, or even a serious relationship. But for some reason, once I met my wife, I knew I could spend the rest of my life with her.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thief12, Same here. In fact every "serious relationship" I had started off as a (casual dating) relationship and "evolved" into something serious. Some people want to be "exclusive" (before) they know a person! :-)

2. IslandBites profile image88
      IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Chulo!

3. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

I went out shopping with lots of specifications, but got something that I ended up as destiny! It served the purpose very well though deviating considerably from my specifications. Over a period of time, I found that my original specs were not really all that important and what I received was what is best for me and what I truly deserved.
    I mean, my wife.

working